The research councils are bodies that can be consulted by the Scientific Committee on any matter that may be of interest to their subject areas. Members of the research councils are elected. However, some people are members automatically:
- members of the Scientific Committee for the disciplines concerned,
- directors of components of the university or their representatives.
The three research councils
- Research Council for Science And Technology
- Research Council for Law, Economics and Management
- Research Council for Arts, Languages, Social Sciences and Humanities